Supplementary Rules General
- Motorcycles must be of British, European, or American design with an engine and chassis of non Asian design or manufacture.
- M.N.Z. Licence required. ONE EVENT LICENCES ARE AVAILABLE AGAIN BUT PLEASE CHECK TO SEE THAT YOU ARE ELIGIBLE PRIOR TO RACE DAY.
- ALCOHOL FUEL. BEARS 4 stroke machines may use alcohol fuel. Any machine using Alcohol fuel must display “Dangerous Goods” or other appropriate stickers which clearly indicate its use, on the machine in a prominent place
- Leathers and back protectors compulsory as per M.N.Z. rule book.
- The onus is on the riders to familiarise themselves with the regulations of the M.N.Z. concerning machine preparation and safety equipment. If in doubt contact any M.N.Z. affiliated club or your local Regional Co-ordinator.
Machine eligibility for any class is at the discretion of the race committee. Ensure your machine complies with class rules
OFFICIAL B.E.A.R.S CLASSES 2011
BEARS Formula One: Purpose built race bikes and technically advanced production sport bikes. Open capacity, fuel, and tyres.
BEARS Formula Two: Purpose built race bikes of: Four stroke, 0 - 750cc multi. Max. 2 valves per cylinder - Pump fuel, Open tyres. 0 - open single - Open fuel, Open tyres. Two stroke, 0-350cc multi. 0 - 600cc single - Pump fuel, Open tyres.
BEARS SuperStock: Production based bikes. Original engine chassis & suspension layout. Modifications are permitted providing original concept and design are retained. e.g. a twin shock suspension may be altered to a box section swing arm but not changed to mono shock etc. Pump fuel only. Treaded tyres. Two classes run concurrently,
0 - 750cc fuel injection allowed if fitted as std equipment. Four stroke multi Max. 2 valves per cylinder.
751 - Open cc fuel injection allowed if fitted as std equipment. Four stroke multi Max 2 valves per cylinder. Single and shaftdrive machines may have 4 valves per cylinder but multi limited to 1000cc
Heritage: (No EVO Harleys) Any tubular steel construction frame with non upside down forks, must have twin rear shock suspension, one mounted each side of rear swing arm. Shaft driven bikes with twin or single shock must have rear shock absorber mounted beside differential. Open tyres, open capacity engine, air cooled, open fuel, carburetted and non- belt driven valve gear.
Lightweights: Two classes run concurrently. Open fuel, open tyres. No GP bikes.
Lightweight Limited - Four Stroke, 0 – 400cc singles & air-cooled multi’s. Two Stroke 0 – 350cc air cooled singles, 0 – 250cc aircooled multi’s & watercooled singles, 0 - 125cc watercooled multi’s.
Lightweight - Four Stroke, 401 – 600cc singles & air-cooled multi’s. Two Stroke 351 – 400cc air-cooled singles, 251 – 300cc watercooled singles, 251 – 400cc air cooled multi’s,126 -200cc watercooled multi’s.
Moto-Euro – Any bike manufactured in mainland Europe. (i.e no British bikes) European engine & frame or frame of non Asian design. 401cc – Open water-cooled 4 valve per cylinder twins. 601cc – open capacity all other machines. Open fuel, Open tyres.|
Best of British: Open to any motorcycle manufactured in Britain. British engine and frame or frame of non Asian design. Open fuel, open tyres. Three classes run concurrently.
BEARS NOVICE (Non Champions class) Eligibility of rider & machine subject to Clerk of Course or Race Committees’ approval. Non monetary prizes. To run concurrently with BEARS lightweight Class.
BEARS Classics: (Non Championship Class) Non Asian design, pre 1972, no disc brakes, treaded tyres. Frame and suspension must resemble this era. Two classes run concurrently:
0 - 500cc
501cc - Open
Milwaukee Iron: Open to any Harley Davidson, Buell or similar, must have Harley Davidson engine. Frames must be of non- Asian design. Open Fuel, open tyres.